[doggiebox] Doggiebox 1A5

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Wed Dec 18 18:19:43 EST 2002

On 16 12 2002 at 10:50 am -0500, zenbubblegum (jonathan wilson) wrote:

>Someone else on this list recently very kindly offered to convert their AKAI
>files to DB format and put an example TR-707 kit on their website for
>download. I got hold of the kit and it sounds great - if that person wants
>to do a load more, as they suggested they might, I'd be more than happy to
>get my paws on them. Thanks a lot for the 707!

Cool, is that posted someplace publicly?  I wouldn't mind checking it out
either.

>The only trouble is I can't see my drum "hits" in the DB window using the
>707 kit - is there a way round this? With the Premier and Voice kits I can
>see the pattern, but not with "external" kits.

It sounds as if there are no icons configured for the drums in the drum
kit; open the drum kit file in doggiebox and check it out in the drum editor.

I realise it's kind of stupid that doggiebox doesn't provide a default
icon when one isn't specified; I'll fix this for the next build.

>Also, I don't know if this is already possible, but if a default setup could
>open when I launch the program that would be perfect. What I mean is if
>there was a preference for automatically opening a new song with 4 bars, or
>8 bars, or 16 bars, or whatever. It'd save having to open the Insert Bars
>dialogue window every time.

Interesting idea.  What about a "stationary file" type thing, which would
essentially open an existing template document?  Then you could fill it
with whatever you want.

Alternatively, it would be easy to have a "start with ___ bars" option in
the preferences, but that would beg also having settings for default time
signature and tempo marking, which might be overkill for preferences...
but maybe not.

-b