[doggiebox] Thanks and ?

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Sat Jul 20 13:21:09 EDT 2002

On 19,07,02 at 12:41 am -0400, Ryk Groetchen wrote:

>of my space. I for one would probably never use it. Also db is sometimes
>running with another sound source going at the same time, and I would
>think this would cause some interference. Maybe just for the ego bit of
>having something respond to the voice command...? Save the energy.

Point taken, thanks for the viewpoint.  Voice rec is a future feature
idea that I won't be devoting any time to in the next little while, but I
came across some code on how to do it, so it put the idea in my head.  I
can see a practical use for it ini a rehearsal setting, where you have
doggie connected to a PA with a guitar amp turned up and you want to play
guitar along with the drums, without having keep walking over to the
computer (a situation that specifically inspired doggiebox actually).

>Also, I have figured out how to import sounds into the kit, but don't
>know how to import an icon. What kind of file does the icon feature want?

Any image file format that quicktime recognizes (GIF, JPEG, TIFF, etc).
In addition to the 'choose' button and file picker, you should just be
able to drag one onto the image well.