[doggiebox] Speech recognition

ellem ellem at optonline.net
Sun Jul 21 01:07:46 EDT 2002

I know this will sound insane, and is probably difficult to code... but:

To implement various triplet feel, double stick, and other drum
shenanigans, what if you assigned left foot, right foot, left hand,
right hand lines?

This would give you a total of 4 "beat lines" and so if both sticks need
to hit the drums at once (a la Sunshine Of Your Love) or 16ths are
needed on the hi hat (a la Run To The Hills) this is possible.  Plus it
may give a "cleaner"  look to the interface.  Of course looking directly
at the "beat lines" would be difficult because you would not easily be
able to see, say, ride cymbal hits because they would be on the"left
hand" bar along with the hi hats and toms.

I don't know... just a thought.  (I play guitar, don't yell at me ;)

--
If violence cannot resolve your conflict you haven't used enough
violence.