Doggiebox build 1A3 available!
ben at zygoat.ca
Wed Oct 30 02:01:16 EST 2002
Hi Mac drummers,
A new build of Doggiebox is out! Grab it now at
New changes in build 1A3 (a.k.a. version 1.0c):
- vastly optimized display mechanisms in the pattern editor, so that
responsiveness to mouse tracking and clicking is markedly improved.
- fixed problems using 3/8, 5/8 time signatures.
- improved control over tempo specification; it is now possible to
specify the tempo in terms of any base note value via a pop-up menu in
the bar properties dialog.
- improved zooming function so that it's now possible to add and modify
triplets within individual beat positions simply by zooming in.
- fixed bug where the drum info controls in the Drum Kit Editor would
sometimes be greyed out, in particular after adding a new drum.
- up and down cursor keys now move the insertion point to the beginning
and end of song, respectively.
- fixed cosmetic issue where bar numbers of 100 or greater were truncated
(only the first two digits would appear).
- fixed some major memory leaks which would sometimes result in memory
used by drum kits and songs not to be deallocated when a song was closed.
- improved error handling when opening corrupt files or those that are
created with subsequent (too-new) versions of Doggiebox.
There is STILL no playback position indicator, but I promise it will be
in the next release! Given various circumstances I have decided to
release this build now, rather than delay things possibly by several more
days or a week. Playback indicator was going to be a principal goal, but
I became sidetracked in (and totally consumed with) overhauling lots of
the display and internal storage in the process, resulting in the huge
increase in UI responsiveness that I think you will appreciate in the interim.
As usual, please report any bugs, ideas, etc.
(Please note also that the documentation hasn't been updated yet to
reflect recent changes, but you should be able to figure it out.)
Ben Kennedy, chief magician
zygoat creative technical services
613-228-3392 | 1-866-466-4628
More information about the Doggiebox