Doggiebox 1A2 posted!

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Thu Sep 12 19:25:54 EDT 2002

Greetings all,

I'm pleased to mention that after a painfully lengthy delay, build 1A2 of
Doggiebox is finally packaged up and posted for your consumption!

New changes in build 1A2:

- stereo panning for drum sounds now supported, along with a wider range
of input file formats (AIFF, WAV, VOC, AU, IFF, PAF, SF, W64).  This
comes as part of a significant re-implementation of the audio subsystem
which will continue to evolve over the next several builds.  Note: you
will need to re-import custom sounds into your drum kits; see included
release notes.
- no longer skips beats during playback under Mac OS 10.2 (when using
new/updated drum kits).
- bug fixed where preferences dialog would crash upon dismissal.
- insertion point now follows pastes (moves to after the last pasted bar).

I have not yet posted an announcement to the mainstream outlets
(versiontracker, news sites, announcement list, etc) yet -- those of you
on this discussion list get first peek.  :)

In addition to the usual feedback I would appreciate if you could confirm
a couple of things:
- that the app still runs as expected if you are still using OS 10.1
- that the app runs smoothly if you are using OS 10.2 (which I am now)
- that the release notes are clear enough with respect to upgrading
custom drum kit files to support the new code

Regarding the last point, read the release notes (included) for full
details.  The issue is one that should only concern people who have made
their own drum kits using build 1A1.  (I'm not sure what percentage of
the user base this affects, so it will be interesting to see whether this
is a big deal.)

Grab it all now at:
http://www.zygoat.ca/products/doggiebox/distribution/Doggiebox-1A2.sit