[doggiebox] Sound Problems on TiPB

Brent Mundy bmundy at brentmundy.com
Thu Apr 10 23:39:53 EDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Ben Kennedy wrote:

> On 09 4 2003 at 9:34 pm -0400, Brent Mundy wrote:
>
> Are you creating a new song?  If you open the demo song, does it play
> back correctly?
>
> If you are experiencing this problem when creating a new song or changing
> the drum kit for an existing song, the work-around is to save the file,
> close it, and re-open it.  At that point, you should have sounds back.
> This is fixed in version 1.0.2 (due imminently).

Ahhh!  This describes the situation exactly!  I'll look forward to 1.0.2.

While we're here... I've got a couple questions...

First, is there any way to individually adjust the volume of a single
drum?  I'm looking for a way to play grace notes on the snare while
keeping the snare 'normal' on 2 and 4.  Maybe this could be done the same
way you have multiple sounds programmed/recorded for the cymbals (address
this via the kit rather than through additional functionality via the
program).

Second, how do you program rolls?  I'm currently programming them as 32nd
notes.  Is there a better way to do it?

Thanks!