[Doggiebox] New Djembe drum kit online

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Thu Dec 11 13:29:04 EST 2003

Hello all,

I thought you would be interested to know that courtesy of the Reverend
Rat, we now have some Djembe sounds available for use with Doggiebox.
Here's what he has to say about it:

>	First, let me just say how much I love your product.  My friend Carl
>and I have put together this kit, and I'd love to see it posted in the
>"Files" section of the site. Carl is an instructor of a particular
>school of drumming known as Melenke, and has studied with some of the
>top players in the world.  His website is at
>http://oz.plymouth.edu/%7esjarvis/Fote/fote.htm .  I have a home studio
>setup (Mac based) and do basic rock n roll-  My website is at
>http://www.revrat.com . I will actually be using Doggiebox on my
>upcoming album!   If people enjoy this kit, I will be working on a
>dunun kit and a conga kit.
>
>The specs:
>
>DRUM USED: a 14" Djembe- a hand drum from Guinea, West Africa.  It has
>a natural goatskin head and is played by Carl.  All the sounds included
>are made on the one drum.  Several of the sounds require both hands to
>play, so I advise on having only one sound per beat for authenticity.
>
>SOUNDS:
>Bass, deadened bass, slap, muted slap, tone, muted tone, and variants.

It's up for download at <http://www.doggiebox.com/library/>.  (the drum
kit file is in the drum kit section, and there is a sample song in the
songs section demonstrating its use.)