[doggiebox] Export adds silence?

lee gummerman sheepguy at mac.com
Mon Feb 3 19:56:59 EST 2003

On 2/3/03 4:08 PM, "Ben Kennedy" <ben at zygoat.ca> wrote:

> On 03 2 2003 at 11:22 am -0500, lee gummerman wrote:
>
>> That's what I was guessing.  The only problem with this is it makes it
>> harder to import an exported Doggiebox song into an audio program (like
>> Deck) and then loop it.  I know I was able to do this with Virtual Drummer
>> (so I guess it didn't deal with the decay issue).  Maybe that could be an
>> Export option, someday?
>
> You guys are correct; the export (and the playback) allow enough time for
> all of the pending sounds to decay.
>
> Lee, do I understand you correctly that you would like an option to cut
> the file right after the duration of the last beat?  So that for example,
> a song containing one bar of 4/4 at 60bpm would export to a four-second
> file, regardless of the drum sounds involved?
>
> -ben

Yes, that's the idea, though I'm wondering why, when I copied & pasted such
segments from Virtual Drummer, that they  didn't sound truncated at the end
of each segment.  Maybe I was lucky, having picked sounds that were mostly
decayed by the end of the bar.  I may have to go back and listen more
carefully.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

Thanks,
Lee