[doggiebox] Keyboard shortcuts for hide/minimize?

Eric Bailey ebailey at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 10 14:49:56 EST 2003

I have to second this.  I frequently use cmd-H and cmd-Tab (though
never cmd-M) to rapidly switch between programs while keeping my screen
relatively clutter free.  Apps that don't follow these guidelines are a
cause for constant irritation.  I'm a big supporter of UI uniformity
for basic conventions.

Photoshop is another app that doesn't play nice with the HIG, sending
me hunting for the appropriate key combo, and, 90% of the time, I end
up pulling down the Application menu to find it. (I don't use the app
all that often, so I never remember the key combo).

Apple should have used more modifiers in assigning their commands.  I'm
guessing they didn't in the interest of keeping things simple for the
average user.  It's a price we're going to have to pay on OSX, as both
users and developers; they won't be changing these any time soon so as
not to break functionality in existing apps.

My 2 cents,
Eric