[doggiebox] Re: Doggiebox feedback

Steve McNally steve at meanbusiness.com
Mon Feb 10 15:30:55 EST 2003

Great to hear all the ideas:

1) Independent volume controls per instrument
and / or ability to export seperate instruments

2) Ability to keep initial beat when increasing resolution
i.e. I first have 4/4 with some 4 highhats, two kicks and two snares; when
i go to 64/64, those 8 notes should be in time where they ought to be and
I can add additional notes from there. (Virtual Drummer does this)

3) In the interest of Staying Small, I'd prefer to have the effects
layered in ProTools or Deck or another app.

4) Not really a feature request, but: What is DoggieBox doing when it
samples an AIFF? Why is the resulting sound different from the input file?

Coolest thing is building drum kits from sound sets, but it can get a
little frustrating when you get The Perfect Snare from somewhere, and have
it sound different once you've pulled it into the kit.

Again, thanks, Ben and all the Zygoatians for this great tool -

Steve