[doggiebox] Re: Doggiebox feedback

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Mon Feb 10 18:40:59 EST 2003

On 10 2 2003 at 6:30 pm -0500, Steve McNally wrote:

>2) Ability to keep initial beat when increasing resolution
>i.e. I first have 4/4 with some 4 highhats, two kicks and two snares; when
>i go to 64/64, those 8 notes should be in time where they ought to be and
>I can add additional notes from there. (Virtual Drummer does this)

I'm not sure I understand what you're illustrating here; can you describe
the issue in a bit more detail Steve?

>4) Not really a feature request, but: What is DoggieBox doing when it
>samples an AIFF? Why is the resulting sound different from the input file?

Huh... what do you mean, is it being mangled?  What are the properties of
your source file (in terms of bit depth, sample rate and channels)?  The
only difference you should find is the level; the input will be
attenuated slightly in the mix.

If things are indeed wacky, if you can send me an example that would be
cool -- the source audio file, and then the drum kit file, would be
useful to compare.

-b