1.0.2 beta posted (1A10)
ben at zygoat.ca
Thu Mar 27 17:17:18 EST 2003
A new beta version of Doggiebox is available for all registered users to
download and play with. Here's what's new:
- Added support for two new sound file formats: FastTracker 2 (XI)
import and Portable Voice Format (PVF) import/export.
- Fixed a problem where sound files with uppercase filename extensions
(e.g. ".WAV" instead of ".wav") would not be recognized.
- Added support for exporting the current selection, and added a menu
command for playing the current selection.
- Improved the export dialog to remember the most recently used file format.
- Attempted to fix compatibility problem with BIAS Deck/Peak by adding
HFS file type for exported AIFF and WAVE files -- does this work?
Download it at <http://www.doggiebox.com/distribution/Doggiebox-1A10.sit>.
Of particular interest to me is whether those of you using BIAS products
continue to have problems using exported song files in Peak or Deck. I
have been following the issue up on several fronts, and the best
conclusion so far is that there are minor bugs in both the Finder and in
the BIAS apps which sometimes incorrectly identify AIFF files generated
I have made a change so that HFS type/creator tags are added to AIFF and
WAV exported files, which may help various apps recognize the files
properly despite the presence or lack of filename extension.
Ben Kennedy, chief magician
zygoat creative technical services
613-228-3392 | 1-866-466-4628
More information about the Doggiebox