[doggiebox] Doggiebox and other instruments

Carl Freire cfreire at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 21 22:01:35 EDT 2003

Hi Michael:

At 11:11 AM +1000 5/22/03, Michael Garrett wrote:
> Warning:  I've just joined this mailing list and I'm sure this
> question has been asked before...

I haven't been on it too long myself so I don't know what's gone before,
say, a month ago or so.

> How are other people recording bass/guitar/vocals when they are using
> Doggiebox?  The example mp3 songs on the web site are great.  I'm
<snip>

Well, I've done a little bit, making demos of my songs for my band.  I
convert my drum track to an .aiff file and then either play out into my
Fostex four-track or the ProTools Free eight-track I downloaded some time
back from the manufacturer.  It's been very nice and sounds pretty good.
Hope to tinker some more with this over the next few months--I finally
figured out how to do some simple fills, which makes a big difference!
Plus, it's easier for me to work to an "actual" drum backing rather than
play off of a click track.

FWIW.

Carl Freire
Oakland, California