[doggiebox] Doggiebox and other instruments

Michael Carlyle mcarlyle at charter.net
Thu May 22 09:13:56 EDT 2003

The sample songs on the site were a couple that I had sent
along to Ben, just for kicks. He liked them and posted
them, after checking with me, of course.

They were recorded using Cubase SX on a G4. The Doggiebox
audio files were exported as 32bit float AIFF's, but any
AIFF format would work, really. I imported these tracks as
a single stereo track into Cubase. The guitar parts on the
first demo were done with my 50's Classic Tele through a
Tech 21 Trademark 10 piped directly into a Tascam 424,
which I used as a sort of interface between the digital
and analog worlds. The Tascam was routed stereo in to the
G4, where Cubase picks up the tracks and lays 'em down.

The bass was recorded pretty much direct. It's a '62 RI
Fender Jazz routed through a compressor and then into the
Tascam, etc.

The drum tracks were left fairly dry. I added some overall
compression and a bit of stereo reverb to the mix when
creating the disk file. I mixed to AIFF, then used iTunes
to convert to mp3.