[doggiebox] Doggiebox and other instruments

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Thu May 22 16:26:00 EDT 2003

At 02:11 22/05/2003, Michael Garrett wrote:
>How are other people recording bass/guitar/vocals when they are using
>Doggiebox?

I have a (now rather old) Roland VS-1680 and Doggiebox is my drummer
:)  For my set-up, the best technique _seems_ to be to assemble a basic
percussion track in Doggiebox, export it as an AIFF, playback the AIFF and
record it on the 1680, then record guitars, etc. on top of that.  The trick
is that I often want to change the details of the percussion track as I
work on the song (add fill here, extra cymbal there), but it's difficult to
synchronize the start of play to rerecord the drum track directly (thus my
MIDI feature requests some weeks back :)  It works out (at present) a
little easier to simply slap a whole new AIFF over the original percussion
track on the 1680 to get it on the machine and roughly in place, and then
"nudge" the whole thing into synchronization with the other
instruments.  It's still a little tedious, but not impossible.

But I haven't had a chance to experiment with this very much.

Cheer,s

mailto:cea at carlaz.com