[doggiebox] Looking for a killer metal kit

Mike Carlyle mcarlyle at charter.net
Fri May 23 21:55:25 EDT 2003

What I was sensing was an emerging desire to see more kits posted.
Someone mentioned (I can't remember which post exactly) a CD that was
arriving. Even though it's none of my biz, I just felt compelled to say
that it might be a bad idea to start thinking about kits built from
stuff like this. I have been building a kit based on sounds from my
Boss DR-550, but I wouldn't expect that they would be suitable for
posting (which is too bad, but a fact nonetheless).

I'm aware that the posted kits are homemade jobs that have been
contributed by kindly drummers with studio access and know-how.

I like John Fazio's CD idea! I'll be spending a rainy east coast
weekend inside doing some kind of studio work, that's for sure.