time signatures

Mike Carlyle mcarlyle at charter.net
Sun May 25 09:15:50 EDT 2003

I've drum-programmed some fairly intricate things over the past 10 or
so years, but I still lack some musical or technical knowledge. Even
though I can tap out a beat, or even play it on a drum kit, I rarely
know what time signature (or combination of signatures) I'm playing,
unless it's 3/4 or 4/4.

This makes it challenging when I sit down with Doggiebox. I usually do
a couple of false starts, changing the combination of tempo/time
sig/note value.

What's the most reliable way for me to figure out what time signature
to start programming a beat with?

Are there shareware apps that can help?