[doggiebox] time signatures

Mike Carlyle mcarlyle at charter.net
Sun May 25 20:21:41 EDT 2003

Thanks Carl,

The only real concern I have is time. I've been pulling a song out of
my head today that ended up with an 8/8 measure that led into a trio of
6/8 measures. A few weeks ago, I worked on something that ended up
being 10/8. While I certainly learned something from figuring that out,
I just felt that it was time that took away from getting things down
and recorded while they're still fresh. I need to know how to "set up
the Dog" so to speak. That's why I'd like to know where I'm going
before I just do that hunt and peck thing.

I know what you mean though about shortcut tools. I was hoping that I
could learn from one of those instead of trial and error with
doggiebox. I did learn something today that I had always puzzled over.
Doggiebox translates your tempo into your new time signature. Duh. It
used to bug me that I didn't know what was going on there, but it was
just trying to help me out ("it" being the software, of course).

I did find a metronome that is interesting, but what I wish for may not
exist.