[doggiebox] Metronome

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Mon May 26 15:11:31 EDT 2003

On 25 5 2003 at 3:06 pm -0400, Ryk Groetchen wrote:

>Any chance you'd be interested in putting one together with what you've
>learned from Doggiebox?
>
>Of the apps listed on VT, MetroGnome seems the most reliable/best
>features, but am not able to get a response from the developer about
>updates/bug fixes/new features. You've been so approachable, I thought
>it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Hey Ryk,

I've just downloaded and am playing with MetroGnome.  Funky little app!
I have to say, before I opened it I was wondering to myself what good a
separate metronome app is, if all you need is a beat at a given bpm (just
sketch out a bar in doggiebox and loop it).  However, the interface is
cool and I dig what it allows you to do (experiment with different
meters, accenting and subdivisions etc) which would be useful when
working out an idea.

So what are your gripes about MG, and what bugs/features do you have in
mind?  I'd certainly be open hacking up a bigger and badder mentronome if
it would be of use to several people :)