[Doggiebox] Triplets

Carl Freire cfreire at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 8 18:20:05 EDT 2003

At 11:13 PM +0200 10/8/03, Tor Lillegraven wrote:
>Im trying this post again...

Made it to the list the first time, as far as I can tell.

>One thing I`m not getting the hang of is making fills though. Let`s say
>I have a 4/4 song @ 130 bpm, and I want to make 4 triplets over one bar
>(substitute the snare hits on 1,2,3 and 4 with triplets.)
>
>How do I do this? Anyone?

Well, I did that on one song, and I think what I did was to insert
several bars at 6/8 time, with a slightly lower bpm.  I think it was
4/4 at 180 bpm, and then for the triplets I switched to 6/8 at about 166
bpm.  Sorry, OS 9 is still my main OS, otherwise I'd just open
Doggiebox and check what I did for you, but I definitely know it was
along those lines.

Carl Freire
Oakland, California
cfreire at ix.netcom.com