[Doggiebox] Mac OS X and upgrades

Carl Freire cfreire at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 22 11:08:19 EDT 2003

At 10:28 AM +0100 10/22/03, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
>At 01:02 22-10-03, Ben Kennedy wrote:
>>So... if you could take about ten seconds to answer the following two-
>>question multiple choice questionnaire, I would appreciate it!
>>Go here:  <http://www.doggiebox.com/osquestion.php>
>
>I marked that I would be upgrading to Panther, since that's what I'd
>like to do, but of course if it turns out to be a dog (rather than
>big cat ;) on my aging G3 laptop or break a lot of stuff I use, then
>I'd probably hold off and stick with 10.2.x.

Both of us Carls use aging G3 laptops--I marked that I would NOT be
upgrading, but this doesn't mean that I won't ever upgrade.  I'm just
not an early adopter and plan to wait until enough iterations of
Panther have come out such that they have resolved problems for us
what ain't moved up to G4/G5 machines. :-)  Which is why I'm still at
10.2.6 . . . newsgroups are still putting up little complaints about
10.2.8.

Carl Freire
Oakland, California
cfreire at ix.netcom.com