[Doggiebox] audio out

Michael Carlyle mcarlyle at charter.net
Fri Oct 24 12:10:21 EDT 2003

Carl,
You could use a workaround to use the individual tracks
from Doggiebox, assuming they were available soon.

If you precede the first "real" measure of your song with
a "count in" measure, you could strategically place one
"strike" for each instrument on the same beat. Export your
tracks (when the feature becomes available). Import them
individually into your workstation. Use the "count in"
measure to visually line up that first strike, using your
ears to fine tune it. This should put all the sounds that
follow into syncronization.

Theoretically, I could do this today by saving a version
of a song as many times as it took to have one for each
mixer channel I desired. I could take the
"song_snare.dbsong" and kill everything but the snare. I
could take another version of the same master song called
maybe "song_kick.dbson" and do the same for the kick. I
could export each one, import the results into Cubase,
then line them all up.

To date, this has been much more trouble than it's been
worth to me. As I type this, however, I find the mixing
possibilites fairly intriguing and I may give it a try.

If you don't have a good visual display, it might be hard.