[Doggiebox] Beta 1A23 (pumpkin day)

Doug dozuki at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 31 18:07:57 EST 2003

While driving today I remembered a previous discussion about other
features to be implemented The one in particular I was thinking about
was the ability to export individual drum tracks (such as just snares)
out of a DB song. For those working with loops in sequencers or anyone
using a sequencer this feature is incredibly useful. Reverb, delay and
other effects sound horrible on Bass Drums with deep heavy bass. Being
able to have separate tracks for your drums gives you great control
over the final sound of a drum mix. This is also extremely useful for
applying compression.... Anyway the simple solution as well as an
intuitive one would be to have 'mute' and 'solo' buttons on each of the
drum's tracks (or just a 'mute' button). Also the number of tracks is
limiting to me. I often use multiple types of Hi Hats and having all of
these go to one track was frustrating, especially as the track wouldn't
clamp them all and I had some open hi hats ringing over the top of
closed Hi Hats. I'm full of ideas and suggestions, so If I'm
overbearing, please excuse me.

Sincerely,

Doug