[Doggiebox] 1C7 posted, where MTC joins MMC!

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Fri Jun 4 20:15:58 EDT 2004

On 02 6 2004 at 5:26 am -0400, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

>Ah ha -- this page discussing some random Roland hardware
><http://www.rolandar.com/ar/03/ar200/p042.html> tells me that "Use of
>MMC signals requires that the other device is capable of synchronization
>using MTC".  So it looks like the timing stuff plays a role here, and
>its lack may indeed be the missing link in the behavior I saw.

Thanks Carl,

I've taken up that challenge and I hereby present a new build which now
streams MTC during playback!

<http://www.doggiebox.com/distribution/Doggiebox-1C7.zip>

But that's not all.  At long last and by popular demand, exporting to a
standard MIDI file (.mid) is now available, using the new "Export MIDI
File..." menu command.

I haven't yet tried using the resultant MIDI files with any other apps
yet myself, but they seem to play back with no problems in the Finder.

Further, a couple of other minor bugs are fixed too.

Let me know how this baby works.