[Doggiebox] Re: [Fwd: Using doggiebox to make loops]

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Tue Mar 2 01:10:34 EST 2004

On 01 3 2004 at 1:01 am -0500, travis laduke wrote:

>I downloaded some little program called Mix from versiontracker to make
>sure it wasn't my loop program that was acting odd. i get oddness in
>both programs.

Thanks for the sample!  You're right, it seems there is a bug.  I'll fix
this for the next release.

In the mean time, turn OFF "allow final sounds to decay completely" in
the preferences, and you will find you can export this particular loop
properly.

The bug appears to be that when "allow final decay" is turned on, it has
the opposite effect for sounds whose last decay is actually shorter than
the duration of its beat (in your case, the closed hi-hat at 120 bpm).
During testing, I was probably always using crash cymbals or such at the
end of the bar, so this got missed.

Great catch.