[Doggiebox] (recent features)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Tue Mar 9 11:25:09 EST 2004

Ben Kennedy wrote:
> On 02 3 2004 at 5:11 am -0500, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
>>and I start to wonder whether you
>>can drag pre-definied sections from one open song file to another?
>
> You sure can!  I forget whether I mentioned that specifically in the
> release notes or not, but it's there.  (You can also copy and paste.)

So I suppose that means I could create a song file that simply held all
the patterns that I wanted to reuse, or it opens the way to a dedicated
"pattern library" as part of the interface ....?

Ben Kennedy wrote:
 > And finally, a new (old?!) feature:  using keyboard shortcuts for
 > selecting drums finally works.  To take advantage, open a drum kit file
 > and assign some key shortcuts to the drums in the drum kit editor. Then,
 > while editing a song, pressing the corresponding key will select the
 > appropriate drum (or cycle through, if the same key is assigned to
 > several drums).

Ooooh, that's cool.  I remember having a devil of a time trying to
figure out the correct timing for something that I could tap on my knee
without trouble but couldn't get entered into DB's editor without major
brain strain (for my brain, anyway :)  This should make such things
easier :)