[Doggiebox] 1B5: bug fixes and doc update

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Fri Mar 12 19:19:17 EST 2004

Hi folks,

The latest build of 1.1 is now up for consumption at <http://
www.doggiebox.com/beta/Doggiebox-1B5.zip>

Here are the notables:

• Substantial updates to the user documentation to reflect changes in 1.1.
• Fixed various bugs to do with manipulating sections in the section list
and playlist.
• Fixed bug where the duration of exported audio would be truncated in
some circumstances when "Allow final sounds to decay completely" was
turned on.
• Improved behaviour so that after a Paste in the pattern editor, the
insertion point ends up after the new bars as typically expected.

Also, pursuant to some the terminology ideas being tossed around, I've
relabeled the "layout" table to "playlist".  I think that will make some
more sense to new users, who are already familiar with that term from
e.g. iTunes, etc.

I would like to announce the 1.1 release early next week, so if there are
any critical issues that catch anyone's eye in the ensuing time it would
be cool to know.  Also, I have done a bunch of rewriting and organization
of the user docs to bring them up to date.  Any and all editorial remarks
thereupon are welcome.  (In particular, there is a brief section for
users upgrading from 1.0.x, the intent of which is to illuminate the new
design and help avoid the types of frustration which Mike and Tor were
experiencing.  Comments are welcome.)

Finally, a couple of people have emailed (to the list and to me
personally) over the past few days -- I have not had time to respond yet,
but I will shortly -- have just been busy.