[Doggiebox] (recent features)

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Wed Mar 31 13:24:23 EST 2004

I'm catching up on some old mail here, after having been away for a week
(and being busy before that!)...

On 10 3 2004 at 5:45 am -0500, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

>(for some reason, getting section/layout part names highlighted for
>renaming defeated me at first, though clearly I wasn't clicking
>ferociously enough

You can also hit Return while the list has input focus and a row is hilited.

>A quick look at the kit editor and everything looked pretty much the
>same to me, though I need to crack open my ns_kit7 samples and start
>playing around -- I'll assign kb shortcuts this time :)

Shortly I'm going to start working on that "recipe" thing we've been
discussing here a bit in the past.  It's becoming clear to me that such a
mechanism will be a huge boon to integrating samples from external
sources (ns_kit, garageband, ...)

>BTW, if anyone
>knows good sources for downloadable percussion samples at reasonable
>prices that would be handy.

I just picked up a Computer Music (I think? I forget offhand) mag which
had a couple CDs attached, one of which was purportedly full of hundreds
of megs of royalty-free instrument samples (incl an acoustic drum kit).
I'm going to peruse that shortly for new kit fodder.