Fwd: [Doggiebox] Wish List

Bal mathieu.lucas at pi.be
Sat May 8 19:55:45 EDT 2004

>> BTW, complete non-sequitur: What are DBing guitarists using for home
>> recording?

Hi Carl,
I almost bought that marshall studio 15 second hand, but unfortunately
I was too late. I understand you're an loyal user of the Studio 15
(nice website, Carl, and some nice sound clips)

As for the amp, I've got a Fender Princeton (12W) with the same 6V6
tubes (350 $, 2nd hand); Fender Twin (400 $, 2nd hand)
Guitars : 'a few' . For ex. fender tele '52 reissue (1.075 Euro, new);
Japanese Strat (650 €, new); an old hagström Futurama III  (for free)
and a 'brandnew' second hand LP standard (1300 €),
Accoustic: Seagull (360 €, new)
Bass: a very old (mid 60's)  Framus Star Bass (10 €, plays & sounds
great though, used it on 'settle down'); Fender Precision (250 €, 2nd
hand)
A few of stompboxes...
Microphones : a few, but the AKG 424 B-ULS stands out ( +/- 900 €, new)
Recording Hardware : Powerbook G4; Motu 828mkII(1.090 €); TC
electronics Triple C (300 € I think, New)
Software : Doggiebox (huh!) & AudioDesk (came with the Motu 828mkII)

I do the mixing through my normal stereo,but I have to admid I  bought
a very nice pair of speakers from a friend(Audio Exklusiv, Suisse): the
difference with my old speakers (JVC) is amazing!  But I guess real
studio speakers are still the best. So for now I do a mix on my
stereospeakers, then through the radio in the kitchen and through 2
different headphones. And of course : the final testdrive on my car's
stereo.

Mathieu
www.thirdson.tk

Begin forwarded message: