[Doggiebox] RE: how to change beat length

blhudge blhudge at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 23:35:53 EDT 2004

--- blhudge <blhudge at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 17:05:44 -0700 (PDT)
> From: blhudge <blhudge at yahoo.com>
> Subject: how to change beat length
> To: doggiebox at lists.zygoat.ca
>
> Great program! I only have the demo so far but I'll
> be
> buying it soon. Depending on how well I learn to use
> it that is.
>
> I just can't figure how to change the length of the
> beats. I've been through the manual and read the
> other
> mailinglist questions. RTFM me if you must but I'm a
> guitarist that knows a little about drums and this
> is
> probably a simple one that I just may be overlooking
> how to do this in the software.
>
> Thanks
> blhudge
>

>>Mike Carlyle mcarlyle at charter.net
>>Sat May 8 20:17:28 EDT 2004

>>I'm wondering what you mean by "beat length"? I'm
>>thinking you are referring to the length of the
>>pattern you can build in one bar after selecting the
>>"insert bar" menu item.

>>You can expand the bar, but it's really not making
it >>longer; it's only "zooming in" to allow you to
place >>more drum sounds in a smaller space than you
can see >>when fully "zoomed out". You can also change
the speed
>>of the bar, but I don't think that's what you mean.

>>Something that became evident to me pretty quickly
was >>that sometimes the pattern you hear in your head
must >>actually fill more than just one
>>bar. Download some of the songs from the doggiebox
>>site and dissect them. Sometimes the best way to
learn >>is by copying what others have done.

----------------------------------
--- blhudge <blhudge at yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks for the nudge Mike.

>You can expand the bar, but it's really not making it
>>longer; it's only "zooming in" to allow you to place
>>more drum sounds in a smaller space than you can see
>>when fully "zoomed out".

After learning the expand and collapse keyboard
shortcuts I realize I can zoom in/out farther than I
realized by just using the menu expand and collapse. I
had tried that before but assumed I could only zoom in
and out once.

I like how it's the same zoom keyboard combo as
Photoshops.

As I sayed before, it's something simple I've
overlooked.

>sometimes the pattern you hear in your head must
>actually fill more than just one bar.
yes I've been experience that too.

Thanks again
blhudge - Barry