[Doggiebox] Wish List

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Mon May 10 10:00:24 EDT 2004

Mike Carlyle wrote:
 > On Saturday, May 8, 2004, at 07:55  PM, Bal wrote:
 >> Carl wrote:
 >>> BTW, complete non-sequitur: What are DBing guitarists using for
 >>> home  recording?
 >>
 >> I almost bought that marshall studio 15 second hand, but
 >> unfortunately  I was too late. I understand you're an loyal user of
 >> the Studio 15  (nice website, Carl, and some nice sound clips)
 >
> Umm... I have a Marshall Studio 15. Carl might, too, but I think the
> jumble of quotes below misled you.

Carl (this Carl, anyway) doesn't have a Marshall Studio 15 (though I
remember that one of my fave guitarists, Martin Barre, used a Studio 15
on various latter-day Jethro Tull records).  I suspect the website
attributed to me was probably Mike's, too, since it has a Studio 15
tribute page
<http://webpages.charter.net/mcarlyle/marshall/> and is generally nice
and has nice sound clips :)

I would hardly throw away a Studio 15 if the Mighty Gods of Rock swooped
down on a cloud and dropped one off for me, though I'm actually trying
to find a solution that doesn't even have a speaker as an option (since
speakers take up space and make noise that people who are not the
recording artist can hear, both of which are things that wouldn't aid me
at the moment :)

I think I'll check out the ebay scene on SansAmp stuff again after the
next payday, though ....