[Doggiebox] 1C3: Recipes and faster kits

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Wed May 12 16:19:07 EDT 2004

On 12 5 2004 at 4:09 pm -0400, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

>Oh, and perhaps by default, my GarageBand library samples don't have a
>file name extension, and I can't seem to convince DB to link to them
>(they're greyed out when I try to Load).  Am simply doing the wrong
>thing in DB, or should I do something like copy the appropriate bits of
>GB library samples somewhere else and rename them with file extensions?

Hmmm... I see what you mean.  It seems this is only the case with the
Percussion Kit, though.  The other half dozen kits all appear to use .aif
file extensions.  I hadn't played with the Percussion Kit yet so I didn't
reailse the issue there.

What I would suggest is to use some tool to add type/creator metadata to
the files -- specifically, a file type of 'AIFF' -- so that Doggiebox
will properly see them as aiff files.  Renaming them is no good because
the linking mechanism needs them to have the same names in order to work
transparently.  Changing the file type code will work, however, because
once Doggiebox sees them it will link them in your kit by filename.

type/creator utilities:
<http://www.versiontracker.com/php/search.php?
str=type+creator&plt%5B%5D=macosx&tfB
asis=&afterYear=&afterMonth=&afterDay
=&beforeYear=&beforeMonth=&beforeDay=
&action=search&srchGuid=f17527b811b87093%3A2a6ff%3Afc752e0e8d%3A-
80002a6ff%3Afc78ca181f%3A5454&by=rating&dir=descending&pg=1&perPage=20>