[Doggiebox] Wish List

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Wed Nov 10 09:54:15 EST 2004

Going back a ways ....

On 21-Apr-2004 17:40, Ben Kennedy wrote:
> On 21 4 2004 at 11:49 am -0400, The Reverend wrote:
>>What I would love to see would be to be able to plug in something like
>>the Behringer 1010 and then configure it, for example, to have the
>>expression pedal control tempo, pedal 1 starts and stops, pedal 2 turns
>>loop mode on/off, pedal 3 selects section 1, pedal 4 selects section 2,
>>and so on.
>
> [...]
> Anyway, it seems to me that it would be useful to have a pref dialog
> where one could assign midi controller changes to various actions within
> DB, e.g. change tempo, pause, play, change section, etc.  This is giving
> me some ideas.

I was just wondering recently about assigning keyboard keys to different
sections from the play list, so you could sort of build a play list from
a stock of pre-defined Sections on the fly ("Let's see ... press the 1
key for the Intro Section, press the 2 key X times for the Verse
Section, press the 3 key Y times for the Chorus Section, press the 4 key
a couple of times for the Instrumental Section ... yeah, we be jammin'
press 4 some more to keep playin' ... OK, that's plenty of that, press 2
X times again and we're back to the Verse Section ...).

Obviously, that's not as cool as having a foot pedal to control which
sections are queued up, but it's an idea ....

I do all my DB work at home, so I guess I wouldn't be doing this live,
but it might be a cool feature just to sit and jam with (if I could move
my fingers from fretboard to keyboard fast enough :)