[Doggiebox] DB icon/image handling?

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Thu Oct 28 03:15:49 EDT 2004

On 27 Oct 2004, at 23:25, Ben Kennedy wrote:
> As I recall DB
> *should* be storing the full source image format (be it PDF or
> whatever)
> to facilitate clean copies, but clearly something is awry.  Anyway,
> thanks for bringing this to my attention again, I'll follow up shortly.

Certainly icons I make are looking much better now that I'm making them
18x18 :)  I've been making them as PDFs and slinging them in, but
haven't checked to see what happens when I pull them out. I'll just
check ....

Huh.  I dragged one of the drum icons that I made to the desktop, and
the format had changed to tiff and the name had changed from whatever I
named it to a string based on the type + variant in the kit editor
(this latter point is, actually, probably sensible and good).  When I
opened it in PhotoShop, it was still 18x18, but definitely claiming to
be a tiff.

> Haven't checked out your latest demo yet either, but I shall!

Well, I've got to find a way to sing so that it doesn't sound really
silly!  This may turn out to be harder than remembering how to play
guitar .... :)

But the drum programming is going well :)  I think I put a little
reverb on the stereo drums (played out the headphone port of the iBook
into two adjacent tracks on the deck), but that's about it.