[Doggiebox] Disaster!

Adrian Delso adrian.delso at btopenworld.com
Fri Apr 8 03:27:33 EDT 2005

Francis,
Thanks for the info. I'm a Mac novice and no expert on any platform! I went
into Disk Utility and Verify Disk/Disk Repair were both greyed out.

I've copied all my essential data onto two CDs, but am now at a bit of a
loss.
If the drive is physically failing, will a repair shop suggest a repair or a
replacement/upgrade? If so, I'll need to decide whether to go for a Mac Mini
+ extra RAM, instead.
If it isn't a physical/mechanical issue, is it possible that there might be
things that can be done in software/firmware? Julian Mayer's site seems to
be out of action at the moment.

Thanks.

Adrian