[Doggiebox] Another song, this time with the Ludwig II kit

Mike Carlyle mcarlyle at charter.net
Sun Apr 10 12:28:06 EDT 2005

I find that, when I'm going for a simple, straight ahead, live sound,
David Holloway's kit fits the bill perfectly.

It took me a while to figure out how to work with the boomy kick sound.
I found that I need to follow a routine:
Export the audio, open in Peak for pre-processing, apply a little eq
and limiting to maximize the volume without peaking out, then save.
That saved file is what I import into Cubase and build upon.

This is my second attempt at vocals. I was pushed into singing by some
positive influences by my friends at the Fender Discussion Page. I'm
still not entirely comfortable with my voice, but I guess it's better
than waiting for my unreliable singer friend to show up.

http://webpages.charter.net/mcarlyle/images/flowchart.mp3