[Doggiebox] Exporting Individual Sounds

Adrian Delso adrian.delso at btopenworld.com
Tue Apr 12 04:12:48 EDT 2005

I know Ben has it somewhere on his 'to-do' list, but I too had always
thought of DB as a quick drum programming tool. Even, so with panning and
volume for individual instruments, plus the variants available, that's a
huge amount of control for a 'quick demo' app! Listen to Mike's songs and
David's test piece to confirm that.

The main use for export of individual instruments, as I see it, is for
separate FX: for example, adding extra punch to the kick, without adding
boom to the snare. Again, we are not in 'quick demo' country.

If I want to do that level of processing, I am quite happy to do a
workround. Mine is to write the whole drum part, create as many new Songs as
there are Instrument groups that I foresee processing separately, Copy and
Paste the whole Song to each, then Delete appropriately, ending up with a
Kick Song, a Snare Song, a Cymbal Song, a Hat Song, etc. and export the
separate Audio files to my DAW. It's only the Copying and Deleting that are
extra. (End of teaching to suck eggs time.)

Adrian