[Doggiebox] Exporting Individual Sounds

Tor Lillegraven Tor.Lillegraven at vg.no
Tue Apr 12 06:05:21 EDT 2005

I also tend to use DB for quickie demos, but I have also gone all the way to do full-fledged productions with it. And I`m all for being able to export seperate drum parts -- it would really make a huge difference for me.

I find that Doggiebox is a great songwriting tool, but the output isn`t always up to par. A little tweaking in ProTools or Logic can make a HUGE difference. Even a carefully mic`d live performance could do with a litte compression or reverb :)

I really hope this is a forthcomming feature on DB -- its just such a logical step to take the application to the next level. Cause who needs those drunk, smelly drummers anyways? ;)

Tor

>>> Corey Knafelz <corey.knafelz at gmail.com> 04/12/05 2:10  >>>
10-4.

I use DB for quick demos, and it's great for that, so I guess I was
splitting hairs in any case.

On Apr 11, 2005, at 4:57 PM, Mike Carlyle wrote:

> We've discussed this a few times. I have exported individual sounds in  > the past, but this requires a cumbersome workaround. Quite frankly,
> I'd rather put the time into the performance or arrangement aspect of
> the song.
>
> My philosophy is that the drums as one cohesive unit are a bit closer
> to a carefully mic'd live performance recorded in the good old days
> before 24 track studios were everywhere. I'm aware I'm only justifying  > a shortcut, but this works for me.
>
> What David had been asking about was the export and treatment of
> individual sounds from his kit, followed by the re-import into my
> version of his kit. That's what I took him to mean, at least.
>
> On Apr 11, 2005, at 7:46 PM, Corey Knafelz wrote:
>
>> On Apr 11, 2005, at 3:56 PM, Mike Carlyle wrote:
>>
>>> If I treat individual sounds (a great idea, just not one I've had
>>> time for yet) I'll be sure to share.
>>
>> I think it would be incredibly useful to export instruments (drums,
>> cymbals, etc.) as individual files. I almost always apply some type
>> of processing (eq, compression, etc.) to the files when I import them  >> into ProTools. It would be super hot to apply different parameters of  >> processing to the instruments as if they were recorded live as
>> separate tracks.
>>
>> Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Sometimes I only quickly
>> glance at the list.

Denne fotnoten bekrefter at denne e-postmeldingen ble
skannet av MailSweeper og funnet fri for virus.