[Doggiebox] Exporting Individual Sounds

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Wed Apr 13 11:43:52 EDT 2005

On 12/04/2005 23:58, Mike Carlyle wrote:
> For me, Doggiebox is it. It's my drummer. There's not reason not to use
> it this way as far as I'm concerned. If I put enough time into it, I can
> get some pretty good and realistic sounding tracks.
> Ben... please don't ever consider the product as less than a
> full-fledged, pro level sequencer!
> I don't know what I'd do without it at this point.

Yup, unless I were good enough and rich enough to use V-drums or a
TrapKAT or something to play>capture basic passes for later editing, I
wouldn't plan to use anything but Doggiebox for drums on anything I do.
  OK, my stuff is pretty much unpolished demos anyway, but I've heard (a
few) "pro" releases that sound worse :)  And Sgt. Pepper's was done on a
4-track or whatever and all that :)

The cool thing about DB is it's Mac-like in the sense that it "just
works" and does pretty much what you want it to do in a relatively
obvious way.  OK, it could gain the ability to split out different
drums, as people ahve been talking about, import MIDI files or something
(and maybe some other cute interface tricks like multiple kits), but
can't think of much else that a software drum sequencer would need to do

mailto:cea at carlaz.com