[Doggiebox] Re: Doggiebox Digest, Vol 22, Issue 10

Sion Morris sionwm at cinnamondesign.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 15:11:17 EDT 2005

Great new build Ben. Especially good is the copy paste/over function.
This will allow a lot of freedom and creativity for the user.

Following on from this, and forgive me for harping back to a previous
request of mine, but would it be possible to enlarge this function to
allow an ascii pattern to be pasted (ie from the wealth of already
tabbed patterns on the net).

What I'm thinking is say copying a line from a  pattern say
--o---o---o---o- and have db place a beat space wherever there is a '-'
and a default drum or any other character (X or O or whatever). I see
it as being used on a scrap bar to see where each beat falls in
relation to others and then transcribing from this onto  the bar worked
on within DB. It would save a lot of to-ing and fro-ing and tedious
counting.

It need'nt be a fully blown 'feature' but if it were a reasonably
simple thing for you to do and if it could work along the lines of the
new cut/paste function I think it would be another valuable asset for
the user - certainly for me! :-)

> New behaviour for Cut and Paste: these operations now apply to the
> instruments laid down within beats only; the physical song structure
> will
> remain unaffected.

Sion Morris
Liverpool