[Doggiebox] 1.3 beta build 1E12 posted!

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Mon Dec 5 14:51:27 EST 2005

Hey folks,

After suffering various distractions the past several months, things are
starting to get back on track with the Doggie.  Please avail yourselves
at <http://www.doggiebox.com/distribution/Doggiebox-1E12.tbz> of the
latest build.

Continuing on trying to fix the recent edit/selection woes, I've again
changed and hopefully improved semantics in the pattern editor to
provide more versatile control over selecting, copying and pasting of
both whole bars and drums within bars:

    - Clicking in the header region of a bar will once again select the
bar as a whole unit, for editing behaviour (cut, copy, paste) like in
previous versions of Doggiebox.
    - Holding the Option key to click while mousing over the header
region will produce the beat-selection cursor, allowing you to select
and manipulate the drums of individual beat subdivisions without
disrputing the song structure, like in recent beta builds.
    - In either mode, you can hold Shift to extend a selection or
Command to make discontiguous selections.

Thank you everybody for your continuing input on this.  I hope these
changes improve both usability and flexibility; I'm looking forward to
your feedback.

The Edit and Song menus have been slightly re-organized and some key
shortcuts have been re-assigned (hint: look at the Edit menu and press
Shift).  Also, there's been some minor re-arrangement of the song
window; in particular, the zoom buttons have moved to the floating
inspector which I think make more sense.

Things of lesser note: Right- or control-clicking on a drum to change
velocity no longer requires command key to be pressed.  Added support
for exporting to Apple CoreAudio File (CAF) format (courtesy of
libsndfile 1.0.12).  Also, fixed a few memory leaks.