[Doggiebox] sample rate!

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Thu Dec 8 12:17:30 EST 2005

Carl Edlund Anderson wrote at 1:01 PM (+0000) on 11/15/05:

>Well, clearly, I've only recently started trying to actually get the
>thing assembled.  I have downsampled the files on my HD that I was
>planning on using -- the trick is now to make myself a manageable dbkit!

Yeah, eh.  Well, now that I have my brand new dual-core G5 up and
running and suddenly find myself with tens of gigabytes of extra space,
I am *finally* copying the ns_kit7 DVD's to my HD as I type this!
Hopefully I will be able to make myself useful in this regard soon.

>For the first pass, I've decided that in general I'm assuming 16 levels
>of velocity available for each drum sound, though in practice I'm
>winding that back to 8 for many of the drums.

It will be really nice once Doggiebox supports automatic selection of
samples based on the chosen velocity (per the right-click slider), won't
it. ;)

-b