[Doggiebox] The Drummer's Bible

Charlie the_lonely_sea at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 1 07:37:39 EST 2005

On 31/01/2005, at 7:06 PM, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

> ps - A handy looking little book called _The Drummer's Bible_ just
> arrived from Amazon for me.  It's kind of a "rhythm patterns for
> dummies" thing, and so quite handy for a non-drummer like me to use as
> crash course on different types of grooves :)  I plan to do myself up
> some dbsongs that are basically just collections of different patterns
> which can then be copied over to other dbsongs as needed.
>
> --
> Carl Edlund Anderson

This looks good from the description.

I  DO  need help in my drumming - I have tried to create a collection
of patterns, but they all sound the same, some just have more splashes
than the others  D'oh

I'm trying to get a Buddy Holly / Peggy Sue sound happening, but I
always get back to a standard 4/4 beat ala The Rolling Stones.    Even
my pitiful attempts at a reggae end up having the standard (thump,
whack, thump, whack) 4/4 rock sound

Ah well....  That's why they made practice.