[Doggiebox] The Drummer's Bible

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Tue Feb 1 10:00:01 EST 2005

On 01-Feb-2005 12:37, Charlie wrote:
> I'm trying to get a Buddy Holly / Peggy Sue sound happening, but I
> always get back to a standard 4/4 beat ala The Rolling Stones.    Even
> my pitiful attempts at a reggae end up having the standard (thump,
> whack, thump, whack) 4/4 rock sound

Well, I meant to nip off during my lunch break and program up the Early
Rock/Rockabilly and Reggae sections from the _Drummer's Bible_ as
dbsongs to upload, but between odd cursor behaviour in the current beta
of DB and  the strange problem of DB crashing randomly on playback, I
eventually gave up :P  I can't decide whether to try holding out for
Ben's next update or crawling back to an earlier beta :P

Has anyone else encountered a crashing on playback bug in 1E6, and if so
what kit were you using?

ps - the book had a few entries for Afropop-type patterns that sounded
(to my ears) totally cool :)