[Doggiebox] Re: Doggiebox Digest, Vol 20, Issue 4

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Fri Feb 4 20:36:47 EST 2005

On 04 2 2005 at 3:05 pm -0500, Dan Costello wrote:

>Then I was puzzled when I went right into a song and they didn't
>work... but again, there's a trick. If you quit completely out of DB,
>then start up again, it should work. I think DB has to reload the kit
>to recognize the changes you've made, or something like that. Not sure.

Yep; if you have a song open which is using a particular kit, and you
make changes to the kit, you have to close and re-open the song (after
saving the kit) in order for it to pick up the changes.  This could be
improved to automatically notice such changes; I'll add that to the todo list.

>So, "ride" is (6) on the keypad, and "bell ride" is (7).  I hit (6) to
>select "ride," but then if I hit 7 right after that, nothing happens--
>DB won't let me select "bell ride" with a keyboard shortcut.

Hmm... interesting.  I will take a look at that soon as I can (have been
on-site all week with a client... doing Windows Server setup, of all
things... blech!).

FWIW, I should point out that you can assign the same shortcut to
multiple instruments; hitting the key repeatedly should cycle through all
of them.

>BEN?!?!?  HEEELLLLP?!?!?!?!?

I'm coooooooming... ;)

-b