[Doggiebox] new user

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Tue Feb 22 04:04:31 EST 2005

On 20-Feb-2005 03:40, Scott Kerr wrote:
> If we could get velocity changes, that would be AWESOME!
 > [...]
> The Ludwig Kit Kicks ASS! Man, that's killer (Ghost notes Rock!)

For _real_ velocity changes, you have to have actual samples of hits at
different velocity, as in the Ludwig kit or an ns_kit (since something
you hit softly actually sounds different, not just quieter, than
something you hit hard).  I think what Ben is hoping to implement is the
ability to tweak volume on individual hits in the pattern editor --
which is not quite the same thing as actually controlling hit velocity,
but will probably do a fair impression for a sample collection that
doesn't contain hits of multiple velocities.

At least, I _think_ that's what's up! :)