[Doggiebox] samples vs. velocity changes

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Tue Feb 22 17:57:27 EST 2005

On 22 2 2005 at 4:04 am -0500, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

>I think what Ben is hoping to implement is the
>ability to tweak volume on individual hits in the pattern editor --
>which is not quite the same thing as actually controlling hit velocity,
>but will probably do a fair impression for a sample collection that
>doesn't contain hits of multiple velocities.

Exactly.  Longer term, I hope to come up with some user interface to be
able to integrate these two -- providing a means within the kit editor to
specify alternate velocity samples for drums, so that in such cases, the
velocity slider in the song editor would actually substitute the
alternative samples automatically rather than just attenuate the volume level.

Anyway, 1E8 (just posted) is a start, providing a long overdue
rudimentary volume adjustment slider, culminating a couple years' worth
of requests. :)  Feedback on the UI is most welcome.