[Doggiebox] Happy new year, with 1E6
ben at zygoat.ca
Tue Jan 18 19:59:52 EST 2005
Happy 2005. A new interim beta build is available here:
Here's the deal since the last build:
• Selection highlighting in the pattern editor now works on a beat-
- Mousing in a bar's header area provides a triangle cursor which
when clicked will select the beat subdivision below it.
- Double-clicking in the header area (or in the drum grid between
beats) will select the entire bar.
- Contiguous regions can be selected by holding the shift key.
- Individual divisions may be toggled by holding the command key.
• Copying/pasting bars will include only the selected beats
(remainder of bar will be filled with rests). This will shortly be
improved so that only the beats themselves will be copied.
• Improved robustness of MIDI Clock tempo control so that response
should be more solid and tempo slider should not wiggle. (Please report
conditions under which you find it still does; for example, playing a
nominally 140bpm passage with a 150bpm clock seems to cause oscillation
between 105-107% on the slider.)
• Temporary "Carlpatrick" diagnostic warning on nil drum event
detection. This will raise an alert dialog in certain circumstances
where empty drums are found in a pattern. Under normal operation this
should never occur, so this is an effort to help track down why it does.
Please report if you ever see this alert, and describe the circumstances
that led up to it. (Named after Patrick and Carl who have both reported
symptoms previously :)
Next up, I hope to make some actual progress with pasting beats within
bars and so on.
Ben Kennedy, chief magician
zygoat creative technical services
613-228-3392 | 1-866-466-4628
More information about the Doggiebox