[Doggiebox] Happy new year, with 1E6

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Thu Jan 20 04:08:29 EST 2005

On 19 Jan 2005, at 16:28, Ben Kennedy wrote:
> Ok, makes sense.  Now, if you re-save the file (after dismissing the
> dialog repeatedly as necessary to get into the song), close and re-open
> it, does the message continue to come up or is it gone?

No, the Carlpatrick error message comes up everytime I open or save one
of the files that was affected by a null drum event.

> Specifically what I'm wondering is whether there is a problem in the
> file
> which is being solved (the null drums should be deleted at the same
> time
> as the message coming up), and then more importantly, whether it
> recurs.
> In other words I'm wondering if this null drum business is a result of
> some problem that was present in an earlier build but which is now
> gone,
> or whether it is still there.  In short, I'm not sure yet what is
> causing
> the null drums in the first place.

I changed dbkits to see if the problem might be in the kit -- but no,
the Carlpatrick warning kept coming up within the same dbsong on open
or save, no matter what dbkit I used and how I swapped the sample
mapping around.  Should I send one of the affected dbkit files (off
list) so you can play with it directly?