[Doggiebox] Hello All

Michael Carlyle mcarlyle at charter.net
Sun Jan 30 08:02:35 EST 2005

Welcome to the list, Scott. You know... I've seen your site before, but
I can't remember what led me to it. Fender Discussion Page, maybe?

At any rate, I believe that you're on the right track. Mixing and
matching time signatures within a song is not unheard of in my camp, and
is even encouraged! I find that changing up tempo to "push" a section is
effective as well. You could mix and match tempos just as easily within
patterns as you could within sections.

The only drawback to this is that you've got to have any midi
instruments follow along. It requires building a tempo track in Cubase
(I see you're a user of Cubase SX) if you want your VST instruments to
lock up with DB.

I listened to "the bomb". Nice work. The rapid-fire, double-bass style
triplets were a bit stand-outish. They kind of drew attention to
themselves. As painstaking as it is, I find that variety in programming
can really humanize your finished product almost as much as any
computerized "swing" button could ever do (if one existed).

If you haven't already, you should experiment with some other kits. The
Hemberger might suit your style pretty well.

Nice work!